Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pictures from Salzburg

So now that I've had time to reaclimate and upload my photos on the computer, I thought you might like to see some of the places I've been writing about. So lets start with Salzburg.
There's something about the color of Salzburg that caught me off guard. I'd say it was the green, but that doesn't quite do it justice. It's the color of the water here: opaque, seafoam, Baroque. It penetrates everything, the whole glow of the town. You feel bright and fresh, soft and warm when you walk down the streets. Like so many places we visited, Salzburg was lovely. The kind of beautiful that you don't often see at home. The kind that represents a whole part of time where people loved light and swirls and beautful things just because they were beautiful. Maybe that was because everything else was so seemingly dark.

While we were sitting in one of the Baroque churches, Emily joked to me that it was so pink and full of swirls, that it was funny that a man would have designed it. That made me laugh. But she was right, you know?

At the fortress on top of the mountain, there was this random bull, so of course, we got on and took pictures on it, haha:

We also went into the marionette "museum" on the fortress grounds, which consisted of one room and a couple of posters you could stick your head through. I figured, 'when in Salzburg...'

1 comment: