Friday, June 11, 2010

Update Trifecta

In continuing with my apparent modus operundi for this blog, it's been about a month+ since I've last written. Fair enough. There are plenty of developments, therefore, that I have yet to mention. The pertinent one as it relates to this blog is that I have another trip planned and on the calendar. This fall, I will be going to Morocco for two weeks, followed by a few days in England to visit my cousin who is moving there in August to live at her Grandma's house and then a week on the Emerald Isle where I will get a long overdue visit with the Irish One. I don't think I have to mentioned that I'm thrilled to be going. I managed to get the entire four weeks off, which leads me to my my next development: I got a job. I don't recall to what extent I've mentioned it, but I had been unemployed (first by choice, then by bad timing in a crappy economy) for over two years. Because of this development, two things have occured: 1) I have more money and can acutally afford more trips and 2) I have less time to go on trips because I'm commited to work all the time. Oh, the painful irony of it all. Finally, 3) I've crawled out of my hole. Meaning, I have been playing volleyball on a sports league and making friends who like to do activities that do not include sitting around watching TV. The latter two developments have sucked up most of my free time, turning me into an exhausted sleep-deprived zombie in the evenings. This makes it hard to get up the energy to write about the places I'm going and my thoughts about them. So... there. That's my update and semi-excuse. For anyone who's listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment