Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Itinerary Thoughts

So I’ve been trying to come up with a good itinerary for the Europe trip. I will be spending about 4 weeks backpacking with my friend around Europe, and I want to come up with a trip that will be fun, interesting, and fairly new. We are both pretty seasoned when it comes to our travel experiences in Europe since Emily lives in Scotland and I have been going to Europe since I was a kid.

The trip officially starts for us when I separate from my parents in Prague. From there I have considered a route that looks something like this:

a couple of nights in Prague (I don’t think Emily has ever been there, so it seems fair to stay extra in a city that, from all accounts is a pretty cool one)
Salzburg
Munich à day trip to Neuschwanstein Castle
Luzern
Gimmelwald
Cannes
Paris
London

The only problem with this itinerary is that it doesn’t account for almost a week of our time on the road. I don’t want to end up with a schedule that is too heavy on one country, like Switzerland, or too heavy on places we’ve already been (which are pretty numerous at this point). I’m actually not sure about this itinerary at all –maybe we should do some of Northern Italy, too? Hmmm….well, any comments or suggestions on great places to see in that general region would be welcome.

2 comments:

  1. you should spent more time in eastern europe. That's my philosophy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so im reading all these back articles, all of which make me very happy. im so excited you're going to neushwanstein! I hope you still are! its soo cool, like cooler than munich. gosh both your itineraries look so bitchin, I can't wait to see what happens.
    miss you boo!

    ReplyDelete