Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Now in Munich

I feel bad because I´ve neglected to update in a few days. I dont have a lot of time on the computer, but I´ll try a quick Salzburg business.

Salzburg is the kind of European town that feels like your are walking in on a movie set. Theres something about the way the light hits the soft green buildings and the opaque green river that flows through the city that makes you inderstand why Freuline Maria sang about the hills being alive with the sound of music. It really is beautful there, will rolling hills in the background and a peaceful sort of feeling.

Emily and I spent quite a bit of time getting to know the city by walking it. There are a lot of churches, a cemetery and a funicular train leading up to a fortress. We checked it all out over two days. We also got a chance to meet some interesting people who were staying at our hostel. There was Ariana from California, Becki from England, and Ryan from Canada. All really interesting people who were traveling by themselves. I have to say that I dont know if I would have the wearwithall to do it, but they seemed to have met so many new people and have so many great experiences that I have no doubt that it was worth it.

Yesterday we arrived in Munich and met up with an old friend of mine, Amaranth, who has been living in munich. It was great to get to see her, and she took us to a couple of her favorite places to get a drink in the city.

Tomorrow we are going to try to do Neuschwanstein Castle. I hope it doesnt rain!

1 comment:

  1. yay Neuschwanstein! mon amour!!
    P.S i got your postcard today and nearly died! thanks so much girl, its up on my wall, polish stamps and all. Fussen (the town at the base of neuschwanstein) has a little downtowny pedestrian area that is half cute, half boring. I went to a restaurant there and drank mead from a rams horn. i know you wont get this till after the fact but im stoked! say hi to em for me! (not that she really knows me)
    love.

    ReplyDelete