Friday, July 31, 2009

Arrived in Salzburg

Yesterday, Emily and I spent the day walkng around Prague, getting to know the city. Since I´ve spent a lot nore time there than Em, I left it to her to choose what to do. We took one of the free walking tours, solidified our train plans, walked to the castel, and then crashed at our hostel. We spent some time chatting with our hostel roommates, Matt and Sam, who were from Australia and SUCH nice guys. They are younger than Em and I and Matt is doing his gap year in the UK. They were teaching me all about the band Kings of Leon after they discovered that I am incredibly old and inept for my age and had absolutely no idea who they were. They claimed they are the best band out there - I think they are pretty good.

This morning Emily and I had to get up and take the 7:14am train to Salzburg. We ended up getting on one of teh cars that doesn´t go the whole way. The conductor told us we had to go to the next car up, so for about an hour, we ened up squished in the middle seats of separate compartments. Fortunately, we ended up being able to sit together, so it all worked out in the end.

We arrived in Salzburg at around 2pm and started walking around the city to get our bearings. We popped into an Irish pub that Emily was fond of, and ended up getting a drink and meeting a couple of legitimate Irish kids. We had a good time talking to them and hanging out for a while until they had to catch the bus back to the nearby town they were staying at.

Now we are just hanging at the hostel, feeling tired but ready for a full day of Austria delights! haha!

3 comments:

  1. Are you going to take the Sound of Music tour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. home of furlough king arnie - booo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so glad you caught up with em!! you two are so legit. i feel like you're moving so fast- but i guess you have been gone a while already. happy austria my dear!

    ReplyDelete