Thursday, July 2, 2009

Only a few days!

So it's only four days until we leave for the big trip. I'm trying to get everything together, but boy is it hard to pack for 2 months in one backpack. I've always found packing for Europe to be harder than say, India or Southeast Asia because I'm more worried about looking 'cool.' I want to be comfortable, but also a bit stylish.

In India, I basically wore the same shirt/pants/tennis shoes combination for 3 weeks, which was so boring by the end I thought I would die. But I never once cared that I looked like a vagabond and/or stupid wearing my white tennis shoes. I was just glad to have my feet protected from the ubiquitous cow poo. Since my run-ins with cow poop will probably be significantly less than in India, I went ahead an bought a pair of sketchers than are pretty cute. If you know me at least a little, you've probably heard me whine about my high maintenance feet. Buying shoes is a pain, so I was glad to find some that seem like they are going to work *crosses fingers*

Another must have item for Europe is a scarf. I find that here in the States, you either wear a scarf as an occasional fashion statement or because it's so damn cold you think you might die without it. I guess it counts as a fashion statement in Europe, but it's so prevalent that I'd call it more of a staple - people just always wear a scarf. I'm probably going to bring two, a black one that I bought the last time I was in Europe, and a maroon one I bought in India (pure wool and silk - only $4! haha! yeah right...)

So yeah, 1 bag, 2 months...we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Scarves are DA BOMB DOT COM. I got into them in New York. Def. a staple. Looking forward to your adventures!

    ReplyDelete